covid-19 prevention at high africa
High Africa will be staffed and our facilities maintained in readiness for camps for the rest of 2020
At present, it is still unclear as to what the exact nature and form schooling and social gatherings will take for the rest of the year. However, we at High Africa have made the strategic decision to keep our staff and prepare our facilities in order to support clients’ needs as they arise.
Based on the easing of restrictions and the allowances afforded to businesses and educational institutions, we are gearing ourselves to be ready to run camps, in accordance with regulations, in a safe and health conscious manner which will protect groups from any contamination from staff or previous groups.
High Africa will be implementing the following in order to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infections whilst on camp:
- Ensuring our staff wear fabric masks while supporting groups in the camp
- Ensuring that if employees are sick or have symptoms associated with COVID-19, they must not come to work
- Screening our staff when they arrive for work, and every morning during the camp, for observable symptoms associated with COVID-19, namely fever, cough, sore throat, redness of eyes or shortness of breath (or difficulty in breathing)
- Isolating the camp from outside exposure as far as possible by limiting interactions with people outside our facilities during a camp
- Ensuring that there are sufficient quantities of hand sanitiser available in the dining areas of the camp
- Ensuring that all rooms, surfaces and equipment are disinfected before the camp starts and thereafter all surfaces in the communal areas are disinfected on a regular basis during the camp
- Providing staff with their own personal hand sanitisers to take home